Perception!


Krithi and Shwetha, very close cousins, are doing their usual catchup at the end of their week.

Krithi: “Hello Shweth! How was your week?”

Shwetha : “Long and no time to breath re. But then since I want to wind up by next week to come there, am not complaining. You tell me how are things there? Vacations started for Ritu right? Went out?”

Krithi : “Nah! Nothing new from my end. Same old stuffs. Ya her vacations started but Ritu has a lot of homework so finishing that fast before her favorite aunt comes home. So we hardly get time to go out. “

Shwetha – “haha, super! Ya ask her to keep whole time free for me! Ok tell what’s the latest gossip at your apartment that I should be looking at when I come there? :D. “

Krithi: “Oh yes, listen! I told you right? Mr Mukherjee and his wife had moved out. Someone new has arrived. OMG! She is full of attitude. You remember how sweet Mrs Mukherjee used to be. I used to leave Ritu with them when I go to market.

This new girl seems like a model or actor or someone from those kind of industry. She hardly talks to anyone here. Mrs Sharma tried to strike a conversation with her but she bluntly snubbed her with a one word reply. Baap re! How rude! She has tattoos and pierced so many studs. Can you believe? And her dresses. Don't even get there. She wears such revealing clothes. I don't understand how girls can wear such skimpy clothes and walk around like it is swimming pool everywhere.

I'm trying my best to keep Ritu away from her. I don't want Ritu to get influenced by such girls. Won't the parents or siblings of these girls tell anything? Had I been her sister I would have given her nice and tight. All guys ‘in this apartment are now swarming near her house to get a glimpse of her. Aur Kya! Free show for them *giggles* She has no timings. Comes and leaves as she pleases.

It's just a week and I hear so many friends chatter and laugh in her place most of the time.. It's like she is always having a party. *whispers* I'm sure she drinks. I'm very worried already with Ritu in the house. I'm asking Shiv to talk the association people about this but he is hesitating. Sigh! Whatever said and done, I'm definitely going to keep distance from her.. Also would never let Ritu interact with her. You will see all these yourself when you come here next week!”

Krithi : “haha breathe breathe. She sounds like a total bitch! Cool, I will come and see all the drama myself! See you next week!!”

Next Week

Shwetha is hanging out with Krithi in the apartment pool and already tired of the multiple people coming out and trying to talk to her. Guys were brazenly checking her out which she hated. She hated socializing especially where all these neighbors were nosy and only wanted to know, why she hadn’t gotten married yet like Krithi! Did she have a boyfriend? And did she go and party daily because she wore sleeveless tops and shorts. She was wondering how she could escape all that when Krithi nudged her.

Krithi: “hey, look there, The new madam is coming this side. Notice how she will look around as if we are mere mortals and walk off. “

Shwetha turned around, to look at the “madam”. The new girl looked around and sensing the kind of people around, just walked off. For a second their eyes met and Krithi could sense the same tiredness of socializing that she had.

Krithi – “Did you see? Such a bitch. What’s her problem, she cannot even talk to us here. “

Shwetha looked back at the retreating girl envying her and shook her head murmuring, “definitely, not a bitch”.

 ---

This week's topic is Perception and I wrote this in collaboration with a friend(Aishwarya)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twins!!

The First Few Days In Cognizant

Acquainted Love - Part 3