Outlook of Life

I was walking to my stop to get on my ride back from office. Instead of taking the usual shuttle from my office block to the main gate, I got into the mood of walking, despite the laptop bag! The distance is close to 1 km.
There were many people walking the same distance both ways so I was forced to alter the pace of walking. First 2 times someone slower to me was walking ahead of me, for a moment I got frustrated. Friday evening – the last thing I wanted to be was frustrated!
Then suddenly I remembered the video games we have played as kids.
Do you remember Contra and Mario? Those Video game era, where we had to share the video games and it was only allowed during summer holidays. Different video cassettes were exchanged and played!
Well, I suddenly started thinking of each of the people walking alongside, as the obstacle we face in those video games! Also during that walk, the entrance/exit of other buildings are there. So the vehicles entering/exit also make you stop for a few seconds.
My imaginations started running wild with the thoughts of each time:
  • I stopped due to a car, I would wait for it to go and walk around it – in my mind I was jumping over the car/bike!
  • I slowed down due to 1 slower person – I made them vanish ..poof!
  • I slowed down due to a group of folks walking together – I was shooting daggers through my eyes and moving on!
I was also time bound so I had to maintain my pace somehow!
Finally I reached my destination also on time – exactly 11 mins for 1 km – as planned!
That was Level Crossed!! 😀
P.S – why should we have such imaginations only when we are kids. If you actually try, then such mundane or tiring things can become more interesting and refreshing also!! 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twins!!

The First Few Days In Cognizant

Run