Gratitude during these tough times!

So after 1 week, I stepped out of my house today to buy 1 week of vegetables and groceries stock. The roads were quiet and the usual buzz of activities were amiss, as expected. I had to make 2 rounds of visits, 1st to veg shop and then for groceries.


I stood in the queue outside grocery shop, and then when my turn came, kept mentioning each item I wanted from my list. For a few items there were discussions on the brand, quantity, alternate option etc. So finally after 30 mins of this, with multiple interruptions for the shop guy he got my list. Then the wait for billing for 10 more mins and the  payment. 

This reminded me of childhood when we would go to nearby kirana stores and used to have this scene regularly. 

Social distancing and washing hands and dresses once am back etc was indeed followed and I realized even these I took for granted.



We have come a long way with digital world and fast paced where we don't stop to pause or think. But today, I reflected on so many things I take for granted including the time. 

We say we don't have time to go to grocery shop and order online but then I wonder what I used to do in that time? To be frank, nothing so important or of consequence. 

The only thing that will help us to pull out of this whole situation mentally is gratitude. Gratitude to all those small things we forgot. Gratitude to all those people who indirectly help lead our lives. 

While I sit in the confines of my home and wonder what next, there are people who still step out and do their job to ensure I can stay inside safely, and this includes not just healthcare folks and police but also these delivery guys, shopkeepers, farmers, and folks working behind to get the basic water, Electricity and not internet also available whole time. 

Whenever you feel anxious, take a deep breathe and say it's okay to worry as we don't know how economy will be in near future and if our jobs will be secure. But right now, write down that gratitude journal which is allowing you to stay safe inside the house. 

Comments

Aarti said…
I swear... I cant stop thinking about the less fortunate and pray they are ok, have food and a roof over their heads..
Malathi Ramaswamy said…
A thoughtful and thought provoking piece of writing. Yes, we owe gratitude to the many people who make it possible for us to lead life comfortably.It also makes reflect on the many things we take for granted born out of a sense of entitlement. Let us make a new beginning now. Let us be grateful to ordinary men and women who make life extraordinary for us.
God bless them!
Subha said…
Nicely put, Sound .. especially, this portion what do we when we say we don't have time - must be striking chord with so many atleast me ..it's time to slow down is the msg we all could derive from this.crisis
Unknown said…
These are the times when we realize life can make you face anything anytime any moment. Just be prepared & accept & move on. We are so grateful starting with the doctors who are fighting hard to the milkman delivering milk for my children. They are God sent. My whole hearted gratitude.

Popular posts from this blog

Twins!!

The First Few Days In Cognizant

Acquainted Love - Part 3